This healthy orange and fennel salad is the perfect fresh accompaniment to any rich meal. Particularly well paired to balance rich meats, this easy to prepare side salad only takes 15 minutes and is an instant crowd pleaser. For a fresh summer alternative, serve alongside BBQ prawns or salmon for a light, healthy meal.
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, sliced.
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Place oil, orange juice, vinegar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, add fennel, oranges, apple and dressing
- Mix together with
- Garnish with fronds from fennel bulbs