For a more nutritional take on a family favourite, try substituting turkey for your usual minced meat. This healthy Turkey Taco recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is perfect when cooking for large groups or children. Simply prepare the ingredients and allow your guests to make their own.
- 12 small or hard shell corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced turkey
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 200g diced button mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp KODU Taco Taco Spice Blend
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce
- shredded 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar mild salsa
- Red Cabbage
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add turkey, mushroom 4 Tbsp of KODU Taco Taco Spice Blend.
- Break turkey with spatula and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Once turkey is cooked, remove from heat and serve.
- Plate turkey alongside tortillas, add toppings to taste.